I am sure you guys have already noticed the Indian government’s plan to launch a $35 tablet PC for students. They are planning to bring it down to $10 in near future. Many of the big gadget websites have covered it.
Is this tablet running on Android Operating system by Google ? Or a modified version of it ? Okay, lets check out two screenshots.
First Screenshot is from a random Android phone. Search android UI in Google and you will find many of them.
Now, let us see how a screen capture from a video report on a National channel about our Indian tablet, ( wish it had a name !! ).
Click on the image above, to view full size. I’ve added the original video also, in case you don’t believe this .. So now you tell me, Is Indian government’s new Tablet PC running Android ? Did they announce on the press meet ?
Rumor has it that Google is planning a Facebook like social media networking platform, named “Google Me”. This news comes after their failed experiment withÂ “buzz”Â which was supposed to be a twitter competitor. So, its better not to have too much of expectations about this
The news came out through a tweet by Kevin Rose, found of digg.com, which according to him, was from a credible source. Well, let’s hope so !
Well, Google, one question though, do you remember Orkut.com ?
Gmail will be the most used website, or webapp Â and we always wait patiently wait for it to load, we understand the pain it takes to load all our emails chats and attachments right ?
You said Yes ?
I thought so, gmail is loading slower these days with all the new features and extensions added to it and if you have offline gmail enabled, it will take much longer for gmail to load. Well, Google also knows this patience test that we go through every time we open gmail and they are working on a 1 second to inbox startup solution.
Google is planning to do this with the latest HTML5 technology which is gaining popularity these days. ( Apple, iPhone, Flash is evil – got the puzzle ? )
Thanks to HTML5, we will soon have advanced features on more webapps, and gmail will be on of the best platforms for HTML5 to show its strength.
UK-based start up calledÂ Rapportive has created an awesome Extension for Both Firefox and Google Chrome, which replaces the advertisement space in Gmail inbox with social media profile of the user whom you are interacting with, on that email.
Do you think Google Will Buy This Company ?
1. This is an awesome service which will see thousands of followers in coming days.
2. Even though ads inside gmail inbox is not Googleâ€™s revenue system, Google will not be happy about users removing ads with the help of a simple extension. They will buy this company, and include this service in gmail without hurting their income source.
So, obviously, a different type of phone,Â with lesser number of features will do better here. I am confident about this matter after seeing the response to touch screen smartphones from samsung from Indian customers.
Competing with Samsung’s cheaper touchphones is a different gameÂ altogether. I dont think google can bring such a drastic change to the price of Nexus phone.
Oh yes, yet another Post about Mr. G. Now, dont give me those stares there is something good to happening here, and really good if you are a flickr user.
Flickr users know what Picnik is, and how useful it is. Picnik is an online photo editing tool. It is easy to use and does some awesome things with your freshly clicked photographs. After you upload a photo to flickr, you can click on “edit” and access picnik services from the same page. You can use this service from picnik.com even if you do not have a flickr account.
There are many cool features available in picnik.com, but only paid members have access to most of them. I believe that sometime in future, Mr G. will make those services available for non paying users as well. If that happens, it will be awesome ! *looks at flickr users*
Do you use Picasa ?
If you are a Picasa fan and use it for photo sharing, you should be happy too , because we will this feature on Google’s own picasa too soon. Cool right ?
I will have to keep refreshing my gmail inbox for the whole day, or even longer !
I am waiting for Google Buzz to be added to my account.
My first thought Â about Buzz was, hey Google is trying to start something similar to twitter. Â Later, I figured that, this is little different. Google is trying to respond to most of the twitter and twitter like services, along with twitter related services we use regularly use.
1. Twitter : With status updates and @ replies, google will compete with twitter directly here, and this happens inside gmail inbox, so Google has millions of users already with them. Well, if they all start using buzz, of course.
2. URL shortening: Google has its own URL shortening service, which will be integrated to buzz.
3. FriendFeed: Friend Feed collects all our web 2.0Â activitiesÂ on a single page. Buzz is trying to do something similar. It can automatically pull updates from your twiiter, flickr, picasa and youtube etc, and IÂ believe, more services will be added to this via plugins or extensions, later.
4. TwitpicÂ and Others: We will see picasa being an important part of Buzz, for quick photo sharing, directly competing with twitpic and other twitter photo sharing websites.
Many Social networking services may end up being a buzz plugin or extension, in future, if Google Buzz becomes really popular, which only time can reveal to us. So, lets wait for our future to be decided